Translate

Thursday, August 27, 2015

Welcome to Grade 5

Dear Parents and Students,

Welcome to Fifth Grade at HIS! My name is Mr. Robus and I am really excited to be teaching the Grade 5 class this year.

As many of you know, I taught the Grade 2 class last year. I am excited to be teaching a higher grade level this year and look forward to getting to know the Grade 5 students better, having met most of them last year. I would like to assure all students and parents right from the start that the most important thing to remember about education is that although we don’t all learn in the same way, everybody has the capacity to enjoy learning.  With this in mind, I encourage students to talk to me if they have any concerns about what we are learning or what happens in the classroom. I am aware that some students are shy or unwilling to discuss their fears or concerns about matters of an academic and social nature, but I will explain how to overcome this issue when I meet with the class for the first time on Thursday. I am sure that if we work together, this will be a very successful year for all of us.

In order to make collaboration as effective as possible, I hope that we can communicate about any questions or concerns you might have both now, and as the school year progresses. Please remember to contact me first if you have a query or would like to express a concern. You can write a note in your childs Homework Book or email me at donovan.robus@hdis.hc.edu.tw.

I will use the class blog to communicate messages and important reminders, along with daily homework assignments, so please check it daily.

In addition to communicating via the blog, I may occasionally send a memo home in your child’s Homework Book.

Please be sure to keep up with what your child is learning by asking them questions about what they did at school. If we all work together, we will all learn together.

I look forward to meeting the parents of my students either at our Introductory Evening next month or at our Parent-Teacher Conferences later in the year.

Until then, please feel free to contact me if you have any concerns. 


Kind regards,





Mr. Robus (Grade 5 Teacher)

No comments:

Post a Comment